Sunday, February 22, 2009

The 81st Academy Awards - It is written



Yeah its been a while, I've been busy and whatnot, forgive me please. Even though my Oscar party got shafted, I'm still going to kick ass and win with my votes. Unlike with the Golden Globes, I'm gonna choose with my heart and will pretty much start setting things on fire if Slumdog doesn't take everything, EVERYTHING!



Best Picture-Slumdog Millionaire
I will be very suprised and outraged if this doesn't win.

Best Leading Actor-Mickey Rourke
I agree that his competition is Sean Penn, but I think Mickey needs this one, and he worked hard to get it.

Best Leading Actress-Kate Winslet
Although I may not like it, she seems the natural pick for leading actress.

Best Supporting Actor-Heath Ledger
No comment needed, Gumby pretty much summed this one up.

Best Supporting Actress-Penelope Cruz
Definatly a shoe-in for this one.

Best Director-Danny Boyle
Darn tootin!

Best Original Screenplay-Milk
I'm torn between this and In Bruge, but I think the story of Milk deserves to be recoginized

Best Adapted Screenplay-Slumdog Millionaire
Although I feel this is a toss up against The Reader, this definatly deserves it.Best

Cinematography-Slumdog Millionaire
Absolutely stunning, better take it.

Best Editing-Benjamin Button

Best Art Direction-Benjamin Button

Best Costume-The Duchess
I'm making a wild guess here, I always pick the one with the most complicated costumes, usually the period pieces.

Best Makeup-Benjamin Button
Figure they have to toss the dog its bone.

Best Original Score-Slumdog Millionaire
Its a wicked score :D

Best Original Song-Slumdog Millionaire (Jai Ho)
It took me a bit to decide which of the two songs should get it, but I think this one is more iconic as the ending music.

Best Sound-WALL-E

Best Sound Editing-The Dark Knight

Best Visual Effects-The Dark Knight

Best Animated Film-WALL-E

Best Foreign Film-Vals Im Bashir

Best Documentary-Man on Wire

Best Documentary Short- Witness from the Balcony of Room 306

Best Animated Short-Oktapodi

Best Short Film, Live Action-Grisen

No comments:

Post a Comment