Monday, February 23, 2009

The Academy Awards - My Reactions


Well, the night was dazzling and the awards rocked, but there are still some things that need to have attention drawn to them. This is really in no order, just a list of my general observations, opinions and reactions to the unfolding of the evening.


Well first of all, I spent all night giggling at Danny Boyle, who was also giggling and looked as if he would explode from joy at any moment all night long. You could see how proud he was for Slumdog and he really does have the spirit of a little kid. Hugh Jackman was hilarious, I love that man and although he would disapear from the show for long periods of time, my respect for him tripled with the song and dance routines, I almost died at the 'I Am Wolverine' line. Penelope Cruz looked beautiful in her vintage dress and was so eloquent when she recieved her award, it was very nice, and Angelina Jolie's earrings looked like something you get from one of thoes 25 cent toy machines....or the dollar store.


Now onto my reactions to the actual awards:


I kicked ass in my guessing, as you can see. Slumdog got everything, which really was the icing on my cake. I still feel that Mickey should have got his award for Best Actor, but I'm sure after his speech at this years Film Independent's Spirit Awards probably clouded their favor towards him (BONUS: video linked of his speech!). I really disliked a lot of the presenters this year, and the fact that they each presented like 2-4 awards at a time, when Robert Pattinson from Twilight came out I almost threw my drink at the television. They definatly cut back on the skits a tad this year, but I think they made up for it with the amazing recognition for Slumdog and getting to see Jackman and Hathaway sing away! And thats pretty much all I can think about right now, other than the fact that everyone on the cast/crew of Slumdog Millionaire is beautiful and I love each one of them very very much!


As promised, Mickey Rourke's Acceptance Speech:


No comments:

Post a Comment